We are delighted to let you know that we are now able to recommence outdoor face-to-face activities at Great Amwell Scout Group. Whilst this is a step in the right direction, we need to remain cautious and disciplined given the ongoing pandemic so we will be putting in place certain restrictions and limitations as outlined below.
Importantly, anyone with COVID-19 symptoms – or who has been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms (within the last two weeks) – should not attend any face-to-face activities, and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing.
None of our young people should feel pressured to return to face-to-face activities – the Scouting family will welcome them back when they are ready. We are also aware that some young people might need new or reasonable adjustments in place to support a return to face-to-face Scouting – your leader will be happy to discuss any specific requirements with you.
Great Amwell Scouting Programme
We will plan to recommence our Scouting programme at Great Amwell from Monday 14 September 2020 and we will use the Online Scout Manager (OSM) to schedule meetings, update arrangements and to manage attendance for ‘track and trace’ purposes. This will hopefully allow for a 6-week schedule to run until October half term, by which time we should be in a position to communicate any next steps and / or continuation of the programme.
Permission to attend
- Leaders will use OSM events to set up the programme for the next term – please select the ‘YES’ / ‘NO’ feature to confirm whether you agree to have your child / children attend; if you do not select ‘YES’ then your child / children will not be able to participate
- OSM will also be used to keep a register of those attending to support the ‘track and trace’ process – it is therefore important that parents / carers understand and adopt this tool
- Please also make sure that parent / carer contact details are up to date on OSM in case of any emergency situations during the meeting
Drop off and pick up arrangements
- Drop-off and pick up arrangements will be communicated by your leader
- Please act responsibly when using the car park and maintain social distancing at all times
- Our programmes will cater for a maximum of 15 young people in any one group
Hand sanitisation, hygiene and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed in the hallway
- Soap dispensers are installed in the toilet and kitchen areas
- PPE equipment has been purchased if required for any appropriate first aid incident
Social distancing guidelines
- Great Amwell Scout Group will fully adopt the required government social distancing rules
- This important message will be discussed with our young people at their first meeting back
Other measures in place
- Our risk assessment is on our website
- Cleaning of the Great Amwell Scout Group HQ is on a daily basis
- If you need to speak to your leader about anything please could we ask you to e-mail as your first point of contact
- Your leaders will be in contact on a weekly basis if there is any specific equipment your child needs for the activity that week
We are all looking forward to getting outdoor activities back up and running again, so we can gain more skills and have more fun together. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
As mentioned above, we will aim to review our programme toward the end of this first term, which will include any guidance and progress on hosting indoor activities from the Scout Association. We will of course keep you informed on these developments.
Stay safe and look forward to seeing you soon!
Group Scout Leader Andy Verdin